Please help me with written solutions to these two questions from EJ. Hearn::: 5.17 (B). A simply supported beam AB is 7 m long and carries a uniformly distributed load of 30 kN/m run. A couple is applied to the beam at a point C, 2.5m from the left-hand end, A, the couple being clockwise in sense and of magnitude 70 kNm. Calculate the slope and deflection of the beam at a point D, 2 m from the left-hand end. Take EI = 5 x. lo7 Nm’. [E.M.E.U.] C5.78 x 10-3rad, 16.5mm.l 5.18 (B). A uniform horizontal beam ABC is 0.75 m long and is simply supported at A and B, 0.5 m apart, by supports which can resist upward or downward forces. A vertical load of 50N is applied at the free end C, which produces a deflection of 5 mm at the centre of span AB. Determine the position and magnitude of the maximum deflection in the span AB, and the magnitude of the deflection at C. .[E.I.E.] C5.12 mm (upwards), 20.1 mm.]

Please help me with written solutions to these two questions from EJ. Hearn:::

5.17 (B). A simply supported beam AB is 7 m long and carries a uniformly distributed load of 30 kN/m run. A
couple is applied to the beam at a point C, 2.5m from the left-hand end, A, the couple being clockwise in sense and of
magnitude 70 kNm. Calculate the slope and deflection of the beam at a point D, 2 m from the left-hand end. Take
EI = 5 x. lo7 Nm’. [E.M.E.U.] C5.78 x 10-3rad, 16.5mm.l

5.18 (B). A uniform horizontal beam ABC is 0.75 m long and is simply supported at A and B, 0.5 m apart, by
supports which can resist upward or downward forces. A vertical load of 50N is applied at the free end C, which
produces a deflection of 5 mm at the centre of span AB. Determine the position and magnitude of the maximum
deflection in the span AB, and the magnitude of the deflection at C. .[E.I.E.] C5.12 mm (upwards), 20.1 mm.]

Grade:

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free