let two spring be connected in series. then while referring to my notes i noticed it sais force on two springs should be equal else the spring buckles. From this we get , F1=-K1X1, F2= -K2X2 = F = KX what i fail to understand is that a force F is acting in the rightward dirn while forces F1=F2=F is acting in the left dirn. doesnt this mean that a net force of 2F is acting along left while only F is acting along right. if this be true the system will not be in eqlb hence the derivation will prove to be wrong. Please help.

let two spring be connected in series. then while referring to my notes i noticed it sais force on two springs should be equal else the spring buckles. From this we get ,

F1=-K1X1, F2= -K2X2 = F = KX

what i fail to understand is that a force F is acting in the rightward dirn while forces F1=F2=F is acting in the left dirn. doesnt this mean that a  net force of 2F is acting along left while only F is acting along right. if this be true the system will not be in eqlb hence the derivation will prove to be wrong. Please help.

Grade:12

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free