Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

I am facing problem with all the question involving movable or multiple pulleys.Can anyone guide me how to face/approach such questions.

I am facing problem with all the question involving movable or multiple pulleys.Can anyone guide me how to face/approach such questions.

Grade:12

6 Answers

Shivam Dimri
43 Points
8 years ago

best way to find the relation b/w accelarations of two bodies is to consider a constraint realtion b/w them,

or you can also consider the tension in the ropes which is directly realted to the accelerations of the bodies

if T is the tension pulling the pulley upwards (its attaced at the middle )

and T'' is the tension which is pulling the pulley downwards (the ropewhichis wound over the pulley)

then we get T  =  2T''

hence accelertions will also be a multiple of two!!!

if i was ableto make a diagram then it wyd be of great help...

Akash Kumar Dutta
98 Points
8 years ago

apply constraint equations...refer DC Pandey for any help.

harihara kumar
45 Points
8 years ago

the only way to solve pulley problems is by drawing free body diagram.ask ur lecturer how to draw a free body diagram.

Amar Bharti
33 Points
8 years ago
yeah that is very tough to approach on own but with little help you''d be able to do almost all question : There is some basic "constraint relations" You can study the theory from any basic physics book ! It includes the understanding that if 1 block will go up how will the other (joined) blocks and things like that !
Amar Bharti
33 Points
8 years ago
like in the condition (in the image): L+L''=constant If you''ll differentiate them Then V+V''=0 Differentiating again A+A''=0 You can use this result and apply newton''s law in any direction of motion Write the equation using the acceleration got from constraint relation :-)
vivek kumar
57 Points
8 years ago

aplly correct constraint equation and connect the tensions in all strings with the help of fbd of pulley

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free