sir, i am very doubtful regarding a question as to how to take sections while deriving the center of mass of various bodies..? ex: while considering hollow hemisphere we take section mentioning or varying with theta(angle made with either horizontal or vertical) but when it is the case with the solid hemisphere..we take the section to be varying with the height alone...or varying with the verticle distance..plz ...tell me the way how and where to apply these???

sir, i am very doubtful regarding a question as to how to take sections while deriving the center of mass of various bodies..?

ex: while considering hollow hemisphere we take section mentioning or varying with theta(angle made with either horizontal or vertical) but when it is the case with the solid hemisphere..we take the section to be varying with the height alone...or varying with the verticle distance..plz ...tell me the way how and where to apply these???

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

TANAYRAJ SINGH CHOUHAN
65 Points
11 years ago

See , The general formula to calculate center of mass of a body is ∑mixi/∑mi where xi is the location of center of mass of known object.

So for calculating Center of mass of some bigger figures like spheres we need to use that segment of which center of mass''s location is known to us.

For example we assume a small disk in case of Solid sphere.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free