1. The shown arrangement is in a horizontal plane. The particle with mass m is restricted to move in an elliptical orbit with shown dimension. The particle has velocity v at the shown position towards right. Length of rod is 2l. The coefficient of restitution between the particle and the rod is 1/3. The moment of inertia of rod is I, about O. i. Find the locus of mid-point of spring of force constant K 3 . ii. Find the frequency of the rod. iii. What would be the maximum angular displacement of the oscillating system. (Assume only one collision)

1.     The shown arrangement is in a horizontal plane. The particle with mass m is restricted to move in an elliptical orbit with shown dimension. The particle has velocity v at the shown position towards right. Length of rod is 2l. The coefficient of restitution between the particle and the rod is 1/3. The moment of inertia of rod is I, about O.

i.        Find the locus of mid-point of spring of force constant K3.

ii.        Find the frequency of the rod.

iii.        What would be the maximum angular displacement of the oscillating system.

(Assume only one collision)

Grade:

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free