Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

A spring S of force constant k=100 N/m. is fixed to the base of a 30 degree incline.A mass m=50g. is held against the free end of the spring,so that the spring is compressed by 0.1 metre.If the mass is now released,calculate the distance travelled by the mass up the incline.dont ignore friction. i tried using conservation of evergy theorem but i am not getting the solution.how should i start?

A spring S of force constant k=100 N/m. is fixed to the base of a 30 degree incline.A mass m=50g. is held against the free end of the spring,so that the spring is compressed by 0.1 metre.If the mass is now released,calculate the distance travelled by the mass up the incline.dont ignore friction.

i tried using conservation of evergy theorem but i am not getting the solution.how should i start?

Grade:12

2 Answers

nikhil arora
54 Points
9 years ago

Always keep in mind that first u have to select a system before solving any question. then see if there are only internal forces or not and also those internal forces are conservative or not if there are only internal conservative forces then only u can apply conservation of energy.  If u applied energy conservation in this case then it wud be wrong bcoz friction is non conservative force.

*work energy theoram is always valid. u can apply it in case case.

Vishal Kamalakannan
30 Points
9 years ago

Conservation of mechanical energy should not be made use of only if there is friction force doing work. Instead go for work energy theorem. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free