Two bodies at different temperatures T1 and T2, if brought in thermal contact do not necessarily settle to the mean temperature (T1+T2)/2?

Two bodies at different temperatures T1 and T2, if brought in thermal contact do not necessarily settle to the mean temperature (T1+T2)/2?

Grade:

3 Answers

Swapnil Saxena
102 Points
12 years ago

No, thats necessarily not important to settle them at mean temperatures. Lets first see the mathematical expression for what happens when two bodies with different temperatures r in contact.

When they r brought in contact a heat current will establish between both the bodies which will contiue to flo until the temperature of both the bodies  r equal . 

Let before the bodies settle at equal temperature the heat exchange between them is Q and the temperature at thermal equiibrium is T

Then

Heat lost by body at higher temperature is Q = M1C1(T1-T)

Similar amount of heat is gained by the second body so Q= M2C2(T-T2)

then M1C1(T1-T)= M2C2(T-T2)

Then T = ( M1C1T1 + M2C2T2 ) / (M1C1+M2C2)

So , Heres ur answer.

If two bodies of equal specific heat capacities and  masses  are brought in contact then they setle at equal temperature of (T1+T2)/2

MUSKAN GULATI
22 Points
6 years ago
hi this is shivam gulati an intelligent go to my youtube chanell amazing facts for knogefull videos come fast as soon as possible it is published 1 year ago my best video is what i inside a bulb which i taught in hindi
MUSKAN GULATI
22 Points
6 years ago
hi this is shivam gulati an intelligent go to my youtube chanell amazing facts for knogefull videos come fast as soon as possible it is published 1 year ago my best video is what i inside a bulb which i taught in hindi full

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free