Column I describes some situations in which a small object moves. Column II describes some characteristics of these motions. Which of the following options correctly matches the situations in Column I with their characteristics in Column II? Column I Column II (A) The object moves on the x-axis under a conservative force in such a way that its speed and position satisfy v = c 1 , where c 1 and c 2 are positive constants. (p) The object executes a simple harmonic motion. (B) The object moves on the x-axis in such a way that its velocity and its displacement from the origin satisfy v = kx, where k is a positive constant. (q) The object does not change its direction. (C) The object is attached to one end of a massless spring of a given spring constant. The other end of the spring is attached to the ceiling of an elevator. Initially everything is at rest. The elevator starts going upwards with a constant accelerations a. The motion of the object is observed from the elevator during the period it maintains this acceleration. (r) The kinetic energy of the object keeps on decreasing. (D) The object is projected from the earth surface vertically upwards with a speed 2 , where M e is the mass of the earth and R e is radius of the earth. Neglect forces from object other than the earth. (s) The object can change its direction only once. 1. (A) à (p), (B) à (q), (r), (C) à (p), (D) à (q) 2. (A) à (s), (B) à (r), (p), (C) à (c), (D) à (q) 3. (A) à (q), (B) à (p), (s), (C) à (r), (D) à (s) 4. (A) à (s), (B) à (q), (p), (C) à (r), (D) à (p)

Column I describes some situations in which a small object moves. Column II describes some characteristics of these motions.

Which of the following options correctly matches the situations in Column I with their characteristics in Column II?

Column I   Column II
(A) The object moves on the x-axis under a conservative force in such a way that its speed and position satisfy v = c 1 , where c1 and c2 are positive constants. (p) The object executes a simple harmonic motion.
(B) The object moves on the x-axis in such a way that its velocity and its displacement from the origin satisfy v =  kx, where k is a positive constant. (q) The object does not change its direction.
(C) The object is attached to one end of a massless spring of a given spring constant. The other end of the spring is attached to the ceiling of an elevator. Initially everything is at rest. The elevator starts going upwards with a constant accelerations a. The motion of the object is observed from the elevator during the period it maintains this acceleration. (r) The kinetic energy of the object keeps on decreasing.
(D) The object is projected from the earth surface vertically upwards with a speed 2, where Me is the mass of the earth and R eis radius of the earth. Neglect forces from object other than the earth. (s) The object can change its direction only once.

1. (A) à (p), (B) à (q), (r), (C) à (p), (D) à (q) 
2. (A) à (s), (B) à (r), (p), (C) à (c), (D) à (q) 
3. (A) à (q), (B) à (p), (s), (C) à (r), (D) à (s) 
4. (A) à (s), (B) à (q), (p), (C) à (r), (D) à (p)

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Zubeen Tolani
19 Points
12 years ago

Dude, i wuld really sugest that pls check the questn. it may b tere that there's a misprint frm the souce coz, i can surely prove the connection of (A)-(r), where else, theres no option like this......  so pls once check.....

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free