JEE 2008 ST.1 AN ASTRONAUT IN AN ORBTING SPACE STATION ABOVE THE EARTH EXPERIENCES WEIGHTLESSNESS ST.II AN OBJCECT MOVING AROUND THE EARTH IS IN A STATE OF FREE FALL. ACC. TO ME THE ST.II IS NOT A CORRE CT REASON FOR THE ASSERTION AS WE FEEL WEIGHTLESSNESS IN A SPACE SHUTTLE BEACAUSE OF THE ABSENCE OF A NORMAL FORCE ON THE BODY

JEE 2008 

ST.1 AN ASTRONAUT IN AN ORBTING SPACE STATION ABOVE THE EARTH EXPERIENCES WEIGHTLESSNESS

ST.II AN OBJCECT MOVING AROUND THE EARTH IS IN A STATE OF FREE FALL.

ACC. TO ME THE ST.II IS NOT A CORRE CT REASON FOR THE ASSERTION AS WE FEEL WEIGHTLESSNESS IN A SPACE SHUTTLE BEACAUSE OF THE ABSENCE OF A NORMAL FORCE ON THE BODY

Grade:11

2 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

Yes you are right, it is not a correct explanation.....

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

raghavendra sh
33 Points
13 years ago

i feel both statements r true and st2 supports the 1st

the astronaut experiences a centrifugal force uqual to the gravitational force of attraction and hence its like a free fall.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free