sir, i am facing problems to build concepts of energy conservatios in chapters like wpe,impulse momentum and rotational..plz tell me wat to do????????

sir,

i am facing problems to build concepts of energy conservatios in chapters like wpe,impulse momentum and rotational..plz tell me wat to do????????

Grade:12

1 Answers

Rathod Shankar AskiitiansExpert-IITB
69 Points
13 years ago

Dear OCEAN GODRE,

1) learn the corodinate systems thoroughly

there are 3 coordinate systems\

a)   cartesian coordintae systems   

1437_22664_threed1.gif

using these coordinates u can solve momentums and energy in XYZ coordinates

example :  momentum along x-aixs     m1*v1+m2*v2=m1u1+m2u2 like this

b)polar coordinates

spherical coordinates system is confusing but see the directions of  r, θ, Φ  so that u can dived momentums along those axes.

1091_22664_spherical-coords.gif

Cylindrical coordinates

828_22664_CylindricalCoordinates_1001.gif

x=rcosθ

y=rsinθ

z=z

these are the 3 important coordinate systems u have to remember.

using these coordinate systems we can ddived energy conservatios impulse momentum and rotational into 3 axes. after that apply conservation of momentum in x direction and y direction and z direction

after that u have to have knowledge on how many types of energies are there. kinetic(if m has some speed) , potential(if m has some height) , rotational( if m is rotating)

impulse =mv/t

K_{rotation} = \frac{1}{2} I \omega^2

where

ω is the angular speed
 I \ is the moment of inertia

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Rathod Shankar Singh

IIT Bombay

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free