Suppose i Don’t Get into any main streams of Engineerng in IIT but mining n ceramic i might be getting based on previous cut offs ... will it be a good decision to go for it ...wrt to placements n all

Suppose i Don’t Get into any main streams of Engineerng in IIT but mining n ceramic i might be getting based on previous cut offs ... will it be a good decision to go for it ...wrt to placements n all

Grade:12

6 Answers

Sunil Kumar
askIITians Faculty 183 Points
8 years ago
Hi
The prospect of Mining Engineering is very good in India. Specially in PSU’s. So I would say you should go for it. Also You might like to note that after first year you get a very good CGPA then you can get an oppurtunity to change your branch.

Dipramit Pal
33 Points
8 years ago
Is The opportunity of changing branches given in all the IITs? after 1st year
Sunil Kumar
8 years ago
Hi
No you get that oppurtunity if you score a good CGPA (>9/10) , varies for different branches you want to go to.
You need to have a very good CGPA after 1styear to get that.
Dipramit Pal
33 Points
8 years ago
Hello, Sorry Actually You didn’t Get My Question, What i meant was that suppose i get the required CGPA (>9.0), will i be able to upgrade my subject in any of the IITs. I mean is the facility available in all of the IITs ? or some selected IITs?
And Can you kindly Tell What are the additional requirements for this upgradation? i mean just getting CGPA enough? or there is something more to it? 
Sunil Kumar
8 years ago
Hi
I did get your question. You can upgrade your branch in the any IIT. It is in all IIT’s. And you must not have a backlog in any subject during your first year. That is all the criteria that you need to fulfill.
Himaja
40 Points
8 years ago
There are different rules for upgradation in different IITs.You can log into official websites of the respective IITs for further information

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free