Sir, what subjects are allowed for jee advance criteria.. i hv some research about.. chemistry can be replace by any other subjects like cs, bio, and other.. is that right ...

Sir, what subjects are allowed for jee advance criteria.. i hv some research about.. chemistry can be replace by any other subjects like cs, bio, and other.. is that right ...

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Umakant Biswal
753 Points
6 years ago
dear tanya 
are u asking about jee advanced exam ( after qualifying jee mains ) 
if thats the case then u need PCM as main subject and thats compulsory , u can take any one as 6th optional but u need to have PCM in your scorecard , only then u are elligible for jee advanced . 
and also 75 percent in PCM is required acc to the new criteria of jee advanced . 
so, you cannot replace chemistry here . 
there are 5 subject in CBSE , u need to take phy, chemi , maths , english , bio/cs/ physical edu ( any one ) 
and in some schools they hv 6th optional , u can put any subject in that catagory , 
HOPE IT CLEARS 
REGARDS 
Tanya raj
10 Points
6 years ago
In cbse some scl hve 5 sub bt some hv 6 sub .... My scl hve 6 sub so can i replace chem by comp... In order to get 75% sorry to disappoint bt.n i need to find the right answer.. due to poor performance of my chem.. i was in bad condition on past these days ..
Umakant Biswal
753 Points
6 years ago
dear tanya 
sorry for the late reply 
yes , u can replace chemi by comp . 
u can take PHY , MATHS , COMP , ENG , PHYSICAL EDU in main subject but u need to put chemi in 6th optional . 
u can get 75 percent in that way in board , but acc to the criteria mentioned in jee advanced they will check the PCM percentage alongwith a language subject , ( acc to normalisation rule ) 
so, if u want to give jee advanced , then make chemistry strong , NO OTHER WAY OUT . 
hope it helps 
cheers 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free