Sir, I have secured a rank of 4905 in JEE ADV. in 2016. Is joining any IIT is good? My BITSAT score is 324 and I have a fair chance to get admission into BITS. My question is – Is joining BITS better than an IIT which I get with my rank?

Sir,
I have secured a rank of 4905 in JEE ADV. in 2016.
Is joining any IIT is good? My BITSAT score is 324 and I have a fair chance to get admission into BITS. My question is – Is joining BITS better than an IIT which I get with my rank?

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ nikhil 
it depend upon your choice only . from my prespective , i think bits is better than iit , but if u are getting bits pilani then go for it otherwise take iit as your preference . 
and 2nd thing is branch , getting comp. sci in bits pilani in this score is very difficult and chances are negligible , but with that rank in jee advanced , u can get comp. sci in some new iits . 
so, it depend upon the branch you are intrested in . 
and the 3rd thing is iit is completetly govt engg college and bits is completely private college , so, in bits u hv to pay more donation than iit . 
BITS also hv some very good preference over iit , let me to list them down here 
1- all the student are equally meritious. 
2- no caste or reservation system , but iit hv that . so, the catagory student secure seats with you by getting less marks . 
3- all the iit are not at all good , but 3 campouses of bits are awesome . 
4- BITS are having councelling specially for students but iit lacks that , for that reason many suicide attempts in iit only every year . 
REST OF THE THINGS DEPEND ON YOU . "
from my preference bits pilani u should take if getting the top 3-4 branches of your choice . 
HOPE IT RESOLVE YOUR QUERY 
ALL THE BEST ..
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Student, if you are geting an opportunity to join BITS then consider it to be an honour because all the BITS campus have earned a very good image in the field of quality education as well as sound placements, so , my opinion is that you must feel satisfied with your Lot, or else there is a wide range of highly reputed institutions where you may get an exposure which is peerless at any other educational institution. You may consideer any one of these – Alliance College of Engineering and design,Bangalore,..........................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,...........................BHU, Varanasi etc.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free