respected sir, how are ranks given in iit’s... i mean do they consider our obc rank or all india rank ????

respected sir, how are ranks given in iit’s... i mean do they consider our obc rank or all india rank ????

Grade:12

2 Answers

Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 232 Points
9 years ago
9784 were the number of seats available for IITs in previous year. It is expected to be the same this year. They do consider the OBC rank as well.
Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
9 years ago
The score of JEE (Main) shall comprise of the actual marks obtained in JEE (Main) along with the status of those who qualify for appearing in JEE (Advanced) provided other conditions of eligibility are met.

Separately, on the basis of score in JEE (Main) and normalised score in Class 12th or other qualifying exam (60% & 40% weightage respectively), separate rank lists will be prepared for admission to B.E./B.Tech. and B.Arch/ B.Planning (in institutions other than IITs). JEE (Main) Rank Card indicating All India Rank, State Rank and Category Rank with total marks and marks in each paper will be available on website.

In case of a tie, i.e. when two or more candidates obtain equal marks (by giving 60% weightage to performance in JEE (Main) and 40% weightage to normalised marks in Class 12th or other qualifying examination), inter-se merit of such candidates shall be decided in the following order:

Rank list for admission to B.E/B.Tech(in institutions other than IITs)

• Resolution by marks obtained in Mathematics in JEE (Main). Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
• Resolution by marks obtained in Physics in the JEE (Main). Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
• Resolution by total normalised qualifying exam marks. Candidate obtaining higher normalised marks will be given better rank.
• Resolution by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidate having higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
• If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates will be given the same rank.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free