Our Family income for FY 2014-15 is 8.5L Last year 5.9L This year 5.5L No other income. The income is from private employment of both me and my husband. Is it possible to get OBC-NCL for my son?

Our Family income for FY 2014-15 is 8.5L
Last year 5.9L
This year 5.5L
No other income. The income is from private employment of both me and my husband.
Is it possible to get OBC-NCL for my son?

Grade:12

2 Answers

Vasanth SR
askIITians Faculty 1335 Points
6 years ago
To Help users more, here is the self checking facility to see if you are eligible to get NCL or not!!
You can also refer toCreamy Layer Clarification document.
Checklist
1. If your father’s and mother’s combine income is less than 4.50 lkh PA ?
If your annual family (Definition of family-father, mother & minor children below 18 years) income (excluding government salary and agricultural income) is more that Rs. 4.50 lakhs in all the last three years every yera, you are creamy layer. It means that if this annual income is less then Rs. 4.50 lakhs forany one of the three yearsyou are a non-creamy layer.You can check here for non-creamy layer.
2. Is your father/mother is central gov. officer?
For Central or State Government officers- If
(i) parents, either of whom is a direct Class I officer or
(ii) parents, both of whom are direct Class II officers or
(iii) parents of whom only the father is a direct Class II officer and he gets into Class I at the age of 40 or earlier
Lalitha
11 Points
6 years ago
Hi,
According to 2013 office memorandum, the income should be more than 6L per year for three consecutive years.
But you have answered it as 4.5L per year.
Now, they are going to increase the limit 8L per year.
Please check.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free