Hi, My passion is to study CSE. But due to my rank (8500) in JEE Main 2015, I got Chemical Engineering (Home Quota) from NIT Trichy. I have studied sincerely and having GPA around 9.4 This year, I have given a try and have secured AIR4200 and I am hopeful of getting CSE/IT in top NITs, IIIT Allahabad, etc. Now I am in a delimma whether to sacrifice one year of my career, the NIT Trichy atmosphere and Tag, friends, etc for CSE/IT. I am equally interested to achieve my passion also. Please advice as the choice filling has started.

Hi,

My passion is to study CSE. But due to my rank (8500) in JEE Main 2015, I got Chemical Engineering (Home Quota) from NIT Trichy. I have studied sincerely and having GPA around 9.4

This year, I have given a try and have secured AIR4200 and I am hopeful of getting CSE/IT in top NITs, IIIT Allahabad, etc.

Now I am in a delimma whether to sacrifice one year of my career, the NIT Trichy atmosphere and Tag, friends, etc for CSE/IT. I am equally interested to achieve my passion also.

Please advice as the choice filling has started.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Aabid Hussain
askIITians Faculty 576 Points
7 years ago
Hi Srihari,
Thank you for asking
Look, passion is something we live for. I can’t imagine the level of your passion towrads CSE. But, what i want to say is “Do what you love, else leave”.
Atmosphere, tags and friends, all should be your secondary preferences. These all are temporary factors. So, look for the brighter side of where you want to see yourself in another 5-10 years.
Hope the answer of the question
Good Luck!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free