Hello everyone,myself shubham nagaria. and i am going to present to u one of the most difficult dilemma u must have solved till now.i cleared iit jee with AIR of 2419(a lot less than expected) and bitsat score of 377( which means computer science is confirmed).besides this i got only 90.6 percent in board as my physics(84) and physical edu(82) paper went bad.i am geeting iit bhu with my rank.on one side i am getting cse in bits pilani and on the other side i am getting iit tag(not so good but still...).one side it is cse(more placement and research)and other side iit brand name.also after knowing about branch change system in iit i am getting superconfused as it is a big risk.besides this on the fourth side i am feeling guilty that i could have made it to top 1000 with a little MORE effort.so i also wnt to take a drop so that i could not only improve my iit rank but also my board marks.please HELP ME SIR!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,myself shubham nagaria.
and i am going to present to u one of the most difficult dilemma u must have solved till now.i cleared iit jee with AIR of 2419(a lot less than expected) and bitsat score of 377( which means computer science is confirmed).besides this i got only 90.6 percent in board as my physics(84) and physical edu(82) paper went bad.i am geeting iit bhu with my rank.on one side i am getting cse in bits pilani and on the other side i am getting iit tag(not so good but still...).one side it is cse(more placement and research)and other side iit brand name.also after knowing about branch change system in iit i am getting superconfused as it is a big risk.besides this on the fourth side i am feeling guilty that i could have made it to top 1000 with a  little MORE effort.so i also wnt to take a drop so that i could not only improve my iit rank but also my board marks.please HELP ME SIR!!!!!!!!

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Yash Baheti IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 97 Points
9 years ago
Hi,

Rmemmber that BITS Pilani is also a very good college if compared with IITs. But on other hand, BHU has the IIT Tag. So if you are getting CS in BITS, than its a good choice.

Remember, branch change is not an easy task in IIT and dont rely much on it.

On the other hand, if you have the confidance and if you r not satisfied with whatever you achieved than you must go for a drop. But do consider the risks involved.

Ultimately, its you decision. So take it wisely.
All the options are equally good, so no one can guide u, its just that you have to decide what are your priorities.

Best of Luck !

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free