Hey I have a confusion in my mind.Although i jest went in class 12th i wanted to know something about iit. my question is suppose a person gives mains and somehow he qualify with great difficulty so is it possible that the same person may get good marks in iit advance.Becoz i think tat in coaching only difficult questions are only being practiced but in advance not high level of question is asked so people only practice hard questions and when it comes to mains they dont do good in it as compared to advance.Is it true??

Hey I have a confusion in my mind.Although i jest went in class 12th i wanted to know something about iit. my question is suppose a person gives mains and somehow he qualify with great difficulty so is it possible that the same person may get good marks in iit advance.Becoz i think tat in coaching only difficult questions are only being practiced but in advance not high level of question is asked so people only practice hard questions and when it comes to mains they dont do good in it as compared to advance.Is it true??

Grade:11

2 Answers

Ashwin Muralidharan IIT Madras
290 Points
10 years ago

Hi Nimish,

It''s not true that a person who practices difficult questions cannot do well in an easy exam. To do well in an easy exam one has to have speed and accuracy.

There are a lots of students who do well in both level of papers. Ultimately in the end only the preparation level matters and a student who does that seriously does well in both the papers.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

vivek kumar
57 Points
10 years ago

There are a lots of students who do well in both level of papers. Ultimately in the end only the preparation level matters and a student who does that seriously does well in both the papers.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free