respected sir/mam m getting around 205-210 in jee-2012 , and according to your rank predictor my rank would be around 3000-3500. in that case what should i opt for ? m versatile person comfortable with any branch but which would b the best option available around this rank ? and how much you are sure about your prediction of rank?

respected sir/mam

m getting around 205-210 in jee-2012 , and according to your rank predictor my rank would be around 3000-3500. in that case what should i opt for ? m versatile person comfortable with any branch but which would b the best option available around this rank ? and how much you are sure about your prediction of rank? 

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
11 years ago

Dear tanmay seth,

The Rank Prediction is just an estimation of what your rank could be and where you stand among your peers.

You can put a ± 1000 to your predicted rank and this applies to whichever site you predict your rank from.

I personally put you now somewhee around 4500 and this should definitely land you in good IITs in the country.

You can very certainly get the top branches in the New IITs like CSE\ECE\EEE & you can get the least fancied branches in the Old IITs for sure .

My Personal advice for you is to go for the best branch that you get in an Old IIT because there is nothing that compares to IIT-Bombay,IIT-Madras,IIT-Kharagpur & IIT-Delhi in the country so if you get a branch of your choice in any of these four institutions then I want you to go for it without a second thought .

Hoping to see you in an IIT .....

"Proud to be an IITian "

Hope this helped you immensely.

All the Very Best & Good Luck to you ..

Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-M

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below..!!Smile

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free