Sir, I am a student of class 12 and I am bit confuse with the new pattern of applicable from 2013. Please tell me about the new question paper pattern and which books to refer. Thank You Vikas

Sir,

I am a student of class 12 and I am bit confuse with the new pattern of applicable from 2013. Please tell me about the new question paper pattern and which books to refer.

Thank You

Vikas

Grade:

2 Answers

Vinayak Gupta
56 Points
12 years ago

The new JEE pattern to be applicable from 2013 is called ISEET or Indian Engineering Eligibility Test  whch has the following characteristics:

• An ISEET - Main test and an ISEET Advance Test to be conducted on same day.
  • ISEET Main test will be of aptitude of 2 hours from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
  • The aptitude test will have questions of Comprehension, Critical Reading and Logical reasoning.
  • The number of questions may be from 70 to 100 in order to check the accuracy of students. The idea of aptitude is to determine IQ of Students.
  • The Advance test will be of 3 hours from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
  • The advance test will have questions of PCM in order to examine problem solving aptitude of the students
  • The number of questions in advance test will be as usual 69.
  • The final merit list will have marks of Class 12th board (40%) for PCM and 60% of ISEET.
  • ISEET will take place either in the month of April or May.

approve if helpful.

Kolla Raja Sekhar
51 Points
12 years ago

Hi Vikas,

The Exam conducted in common to engineering colleges of India is called ISEET...

The Question pattern is not yet known, but there will be two sections in the question paper....

1. Logical Reasoning

2. Msths, Physics, Chemistry

those who want to join IITs, should attempt both paper 1 & paper 2.... both papers consist of logical reasoning, maths, physics & chemistry......

but students who attempt only paper 1 will be eligible for aieee & other colleges excepting IITs.....

for IITs the weightage division will be as follows : 40% for Logical reasoning, 30% for Maths, Phy, Chem Section & rest 30% for board percentage.....where as for AIEEE it is 20-40-40 (once clarify this, im not very sure)......

and for other state engineering colleges it is as per their wish......

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free