Sir/Madam I am expecting a rank of about 8500 in IIT JEE 2011 can i get a place in any of the old or new IITs? If yes which ones and what branches should i be getting more likely? I do not want to drop the year. Please suggest some alternatives as well.....

Sir/Madam

I am expecting a rank of about 8500 in IIT JEE 2011 

can i get a place in any of the old or new IITs? If yes which ones and what branches should i be getting more likely? I do not want to drop the year. Please suggest some alternatives as well.....

Grade:

2 Answers

Rathod Shankar AskiitiansExpert-IITB
69 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sudhanshu Shekhar,

u wont get any Branch in old IITies..u have to get below 4500 for that....yes u will get Civil..Aerospace ..Metallurgy and chemistry most likely in New IITies.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Rathod Shankar Singh

IIT Bombay 

genx xxx
18 Points
12 years ago
hi,sudhanshu,what;s ur email id.and from where are you.are you from patna or deoghar.mail me your email id through which we can contact you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free