i am gtting production & ind engg. at IIT roorkee , also i got mechanical engg. at NIT kurushetra which one will b better can u tell that what is the scope of production & ind. engg. Also i think that i will be able to upgade my stream in IIT. plz hlp.

i am gtting production & ind engg. at IIT roorkee , also i got mechanical engg. at NIT kurushetra which one will b better can u tell that what is the scope of production & ind. engg. Also i think that i will be able to upgade my stream in IIT. plz hlp.

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

Pratham Ashish
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Prashant,

Since i am an iit student i will always advise you that It is always better to have  b.tech from any iits,since this  brand name will be any time better than NIT .Regarding production & ind engg. , this is almost similar to mechanical engg..and its future prospects are also quite good.Some companies of the mechanical stream is also the core companies for production engg.

To upgrade your stream in IIT , you can think of it but you have to be very serious about this goal after getting in there. you can achieve that by working hard in your 1st year, otherwise production engg. is not a bad choice.

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

Production and ind. engg and mechanical engg. are quite similar branches with almost same curriculum. Although production engg has got somewhat limited scope as compared to mechanical , but if u compare IITs with the NIT, then IIT Roorkee is a much better place with a better faculty and infrastructure.

Also, IIT brand name from the established IITs give u an edge in the future. So, go for the production engg in IIT Roorkee.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free