i m getting 186 in jee with rank around 6000-7000 according to this site's rank calculator nd 225 in aieee.will i get sm appreciable branch in old IITs?would it be better choice of opting for new IITs instead of takin adm. through aieee?will new IITs start working as their contemperaries till our graduation?eagerly waitin fr ur valuable suugestions...

i m getting 186 in jee with rank around 6000-7000 according to this site's rank calculator nd 225 in aieee.will i get sm appreciable branch in old IITs?would it be better choice of opting for new IITs instead of takin adm. through aieee?will new IITs start working as their contemperaries till our graduation?eagerly waitin fr ur valuable suugestions...

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

HI ,

With this rank, your chances are that you can make it to IITs ... but may not get the branch of your choice .. but i ll advise you to join the old IITs as the new IITs are not as developed ... so its not a good idea to go there .. NITs are better thn new IITs

New IITs will definatly start working as their contemperaries but it will take time.. new IITs are already under the mentership of Old IITs ..but in terms of placemnts and infrastructure , they are not so established...So acc to me ..ur order of priority shud be Old IIT > NITS > Old IITs

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free