To measure d current in any circuit we hav to connect d galvanometer in series wit tht circuit now bcoz of resistance of galvanometer it gives d wrong value of current i.e low than actual value so we connect a shunt in parallel so d resistance of galvanometer is reduced Also a small current gives a full scale deflection now my question is Agar apane 10 amp current bheja to a circuit without shunt then assume that it gives d reading 8 amp Par jab apan shunt circuit me lagayge to galvanometer ka resistance kam hoga par shunt me se bhi to current pass hoga aur reading wrong ayegi na One more thing if we connect a shunt in parallel then more current will pass thro galvanometer then it will give full scale deflection then what is d use of shunt????? And Guys what are d types of resistance???

To measure d current in any circuit we hav to connect d galvanometer in series wit tht circuit now bcoz of resistance of galvanometer it gives d wrong value of current i.e low than actual value so we connect a shunt in  parallel so d resistance of galvanometer is reduced
Also a small current gives a full scale deflection
now my question is
Agar apane 10 amp current bheja to a circuit without shunt then assume that it gives d reading 8 amp
Par jab apan shunt circuit me lagayge to galvanometer ka resistance kam hoga par shunt me se bhi to current pass hoga aur reading wrong ayegi na

One more thing if we connect a shunt in parallel then more current will pass thro galvanometer then it will give full scale deflection
then what is d use of shunt?????
And Guys what are d types of resistance???

Grade:10

1 Answers

ROSHAN MUJEEB
askIITians Faculty 833 Points
3 years ago
Since galvanometer is a very sensitive instrument so that it can not measure heavy or high voltages to make it to do so we have to add some high resistance in series with it , then it is called A voltmeter.
A high resistance is used in series because it makes total net resistance more high hence it draws no current from circuit and all of the current goes through the element across which voltage is to be measured hence more accurate value is obtained.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free