sir, imagine a situation when we are standing in an elevator,a uniform magnetic field is existing horizontaly say-from west to east.electron is thrown upwards with a velocity "v" in the mid air(outside the elevator) with the help of an electron gun.at that same instant i start the elevator with the same speed "v".initially the electron would be in rest with respect to me,thus no magnetic force should be experienced by the electron in my frame,but still the electron seems to be deflecting from its path why???? do we observe a transformation of magnetic field to electric field in this elevator frame??

sir,

imagine a situation when we are standing in an elevator,a uniform magnetic field is existing horizontaly say-from west to east.electron is thrown upwards with a velocity "v" in the mid air(outside the elevator) with the help of an electron gun.at that same instant i start the elevator with the same speed "v".initially the electron would be in rest with respect to me,thus no magnetic force should be experienced by the electron in my frame,but still the electron seems to be deflecting from its path why???? do we observe a transformation of magnetic field to electric field in this elevator frame??

Grade:upto college level

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free