listen friends.......... please dont leave this unanswered or the confusion is sure to kill me.... Considering Pradeep's Fundamental Physics , IIT Physics (JPNP) old edition and of course the superhit HCV as good books....... please try to understand my problem... In Pradeep's 2nd year book (old edition - the big sized one)...go to page 3/113. For new book users ... i m talking about the chapter - ' Magnets and Earth's Magnetism ' . In the mentioned page (not same for new books) , you will find there a definition of magnetic field stength (B) under the art. 3(c).4. as the force experienced by a hypothetical unit north pole placed in a magnetic field At the end of this article they have also warned us of the fact that other books might be using the word magnetic induction instead magnetic field strength. Now go to IIT Physics 2nd year (old edition) ..page 479 - chapter 7 - ' Magnetism ' . In that page, under art. 7.22 the 1st defition of magnetic intensity or magnetising force (H) is given as the force experienced by a hypothetical unit north pole placed in a magnetic field. But in the next page, when they went on to discuss Magnetic induction, they didnot mention a word about what Pradeep's had told us . Instead they have written the definition of Pradeep's magnetic induction or field strength (B) under magnetising force (H) . Now lastly to the common-to-all HCV - 2 page 255 - chapter - ' Permanent Magnets ' . There you will find under art. 36.1 , an equation also numbered as 36.1 which says (vector)F = m.(vector)B . This equation is in accordance with the definition magnetic induction or field strength (B) as stated in Pradeep's that it is the force experienced by unit north .... (and so on). Although i did not find in HCV , a contradicting statement.... but still this equation contradicts IIT Physics's definition of H. Please friends .....help me solve this puzzle.... what is the actual definition of B and H..... who is correct PFP , IITP or HCV

listen friends.......... please dont leave this unanswered or the confusion is sure to kill me....

Considering Pradeep's Fundamental Physics , IIT Physics (JPNP) old edition and of course the superhit HCV as good books....... please try to understand my problem...

In Pradeep's 2nd year book (old edition - the big sized one)...go to page 3/113. For new book users ... i m talking about the chapter - ' Magnets and Earth's Magnetism ' . In the mentioned page (not same for new books) , you will find there a definition of magnetic field stength (B) under the art. 3(c).4. as the force experienced by a hypothetical unit north pole placed in a magnetic field
At the end of this article they have also warned us of the fact that other books might be using the word magnetic induction instead magnetic field strength.

Now go to IIT Physics 2nd year (old edition) ..page 479 -
chapter - ' Magnetism '  . In that page, under art. 7.22 the 1st defition of magnetic intensity or magnetising force (H) is given as the force experienced by a hypothetical unit north pole placed in a magnetic field. But in the next page, when they went on to discuss Magnetic induction, they didnot mention a word about what Pradeep's had told us . Instead they have written the definition of Pradeep's magnetic induction or field strength (B) under magnetising force (H).

Now lastly to the common-to-all HCV - 2 page 255 - chapter - ' Permanent Magnets ' . There you will find under art. 36.1 , an equation also numbered as 36.1 which says (vector)F = m.(vector)B. This equation is in accordance with the definition magnetic induction or field strength (B) as stated in Pradeep's that it is the force experienced by unit north .... (and so on).
Although i did not find in HCV , a contradicting statement.... but still this equation contradicts IIT Physics's definition of H.

Please friends .....help me solve this puzzle....  what is the actual definition of B and H..... who is correct PFP , IITP or HCV

Grade:upto college level

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free