In moving coil galvanometer voltage sensitivity is directly proportional to the number of turns & is inversely proportional to the resistance but on increasing the number of turns length of wire increases which increases the resistance of the wire this shows sensitivity incerases on increasing the resistance.Am i correct or my concept have gone some where wrong?

In moving coil galvanometer voltage sensitivity is directly proportional to the number of turns & is inversely proportional to the resistance but on increasing the number of turns length of wire increases which increases the resistance of the wire this shows sensitivity incerases on increasing the resistance.Am i correct or my concept have gone some where wrong?

Grade:upto college level

1 Answers

ROSHAN MUJEEB
askIITians Faculty 833 Points
3 years ago
Sensitivity of a moving coil galvanometer is defined as the current iin microampere required to consume1millideflection.
∴ Sensitivity k=iθ​=CNBA​
where all the symbols have their usual meaning andCis the torque per unit twist
Thus the sensitivity of the galvanometer can be increased either byincreasing the number of turns(N), using strong magnet or increasing the area of the coil (A).

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free