Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

I'm having a contradiction with my answer and the author's regarding problem no.6, Objective 1 in Concept of Physics 2, page 276 (Chapter: Permanent Magnets) Two short magnets of equal dipole moments M are fastened perpendicularly at their centers. The magnitude of magnetic field at a distance d from the center on the bisector of the right angle is My answer is ( 0 /4 ) ( 2 M/d 3 ) but the answer provided in the book is ( 0 /4 ) (2 2 M/d 3 ) Please tell me why I'm wrong. Thanks, Lois PS: I've attached the diagram for the problem

I'm having a contradiction with my answer and the author's regarding problem no.6, Objective 1 in Concept of Physics 2, page 276 (Chapter: Permanent Magnets)

Two short magnets of equal dipole moments M are fastened perpendicularly at their centers. The magnitude of magnetic field at a distance d from the center on the bisector of the right angle is

My answer is (0/4) (2 M/d3) but the answer provided in the book is (0/4) (22 M/d3) Please tell me why I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Lois
PS: I've attached the diagram for the problem

Grade:upto college level

1 Answers

ROSHAN MUJEEB
askIITians Faculty 829 Points
one year ago
you are wrong here because you did not take the vertical component of field due to magnets

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free