I have a confusion in an HC Verma problem. In the question it is given that the capacitor is charged to a potential difference V. But if I take the potential difference between the two plates as V, I am getting the wrong answer. Although if I take the potential difference between the plates as 2V, i get the right answer. Can somebody guide me as to which one it should be and why? The problem is HC Verma Part 2, page 234, Question no. 52 Q. An electron is emitted with negligible speed from the negative plate of parallel plate capacitor charged to potential difference V . The separation between the plates is d and a magnetic field B exists in the space perpendicular to the plane of paper. Show that the electron will fail to strike upper plate if d>[2mV/(eB^2)]^(1/2) I am getting the answer as d>[mV/(2eB^2)]^(1/2) if I take the pot. diff. between the plates as V and the right answer if I take it as 2V. Are you there experts??????????????? Someone??????????? There are no experts answering this question so I really hope I find a way to get my nickels back. Ok if no one can answer my question can someone tell me how to get my nickels back?

I have a confusion in an HC Verma problem. In the question it is given that the capacitor is charged to a potential difference V. But if I take the potential difference between the two plates as V, I am getting the wrong answer. Although if I take the potential difference between the plates as 2V, i get the right answer. Can somebody guide me as to which one it should be and why?

The problem is HC Verma Part 2, page 234, Question no. 52

Q. An electron is emitted with negligible speed from the negative plate of parallel plate capacitor charged to potential difference V . The separation between the plates is d and a magnetic field B exists in the space perpendicular to the plane of paper. Show that the electron will fail to strike upper plate if d>[2mV/(eB^2)]^(1/2)

I am getting the answer as d>[mV/(2eB^2)]^(1/2) if I take the pot. diff. between the plates as V and the right answer if I take it as 2V.

Are you there experts???????????????

Someone???????????

There are no experts answering this question so I really hope I find a way to get my nickels back.

Ok if no one can answer my question can someone tell me how to get my nickels back?

Grade:10

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free