(1) this is possible:- that we connect an ac source with constant voltage amplitude V but adjustable angular freq$ across LCR ciircuit.(series). how i want d discription+if that req a diagram . example also wanted.. (2) is sharpness (Q-factor)is applicable for both lcr series/parallel combinations. coz i hav studied it 4 series in d buk...parallel??? if their is any changes in parallel 's mathematics then pls tell me. (3) i s peak value /or average values is only a hypothetical concept?or does tat has any relevance does resonance happens only at the peak values....(i know the condition xl=xc) coz in d parallel lcr circuit it is given "when d supply currenti0(i.e, i not)is in phase with the applied voltage v0" so means applied? i think tat should b rms... (4) as in ac we take v=-L*di/dt....(-)means it is opposing to the change.. does'nt any opposition plays in lc/lcr circuit attached with dc?

(1)
this is possible:-
that we connect an ac source with constant voltage amplitude V but adjustable angular freq$ across LCR  ciircuit.(series).
how i want d discription+if that req a diagram .
example also wanted..
(2)
is sharpness (Q-factor)is applicable for both lcr series/parallel combinations.
coz i hav studied it 4 series in d buk...parallel???
if their is any changes in parallel 's mathematics then pls tell me.
(3)

is peak value /or average values is only a hypothetical concept?or does tat has any relevance
does resonance happens only at the peak values....(i know the condition xl=xc)
coz in d parallel lcr circuit it is given "when d supply currenti0(i.e, i not)is in phase with the applied voltage v0"
so means applied?
i think tat should b rms...
(4)
as in ac we take v=-L*di/dt....(-)means it is opposing to the change..
does'nt any opposition plays in lc/lcr circuit attached with dc?

Grade:11

1 Answers

ROSHAN MUJEEB
askIITians Faculty 833 Points
3 years ago

igure shows the variation of i
m

with ω in a LCR series circuits for two values of Resistance RF

andR

(R

>R

),
The condition for resonance in the LCR circuit is,
ω

=
LC

We can observe that the current amplitude is maximum at the resonant frequency ω. Since i
m

=V
m

lR at resonance, the current amplitude fro case R

is sharper to that for case R

Quality factor or simply the Q-factor of a resonance LCR circuit is defined as the ratio of voltage drop across the capacitor (or inductor ) to that of applied voltage
It is given by Q=
R

C
L

The Q factor determines the sharpness of the resonance curve and if the resonance is less sharp, the maximum current decrease and also the circuit is close to the resonance for a larger range Δω of frequencies and the regulation of the circuit will not be good. So, less sharp the resonance, less is the selectivity of the circuit while higher is the Q, sharper is the resonance curve and lesser will be the loss in energy of the circuit

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free