Hello, I am NAtarajan. I tried solving the following problem (IIT-JEE 2000). Not able to get full solution. Can you please provide me the full solution. (Unable to substitute the initial values. I am able to get the numerator part) Thanks for your kind help. “A country has food deficit of 10%. Its population grows continuously at a rate of 3% per year. Its annual food production every year is 4% more than that of the last year. Assuming that the average food requirement per person remains constant, prove that the country will become self-sufficient in food after n years, where n is the smallest integer bigger than or equal to ( In 10 - In 9) / (In (1.04)- 0.03).” Regards NAtarajan

Hello,
I am NAtarajan. I tried solving the following problem (IIT-JEE 2000). Not able to get full solution. Can you please provide me the full solution. (Unable to substitute the initial values. I am able to get the numerator part) Thanks for your kind help.
“A country has food deficit of 10%. Its population grows continuously at a rate of 3% per year. Its
annual food production every year is 4% more than that of the last year. Assuming that the average food
requirement per person remains constant, prove that the country will become self-sufficient in food after
n years, where n is the smallest integer bigger than
or equal to ( In 10 - In 9) / (In (1.04)- 0.03).”
Regards
NAtarajan

Grade:11

1 Answers

Anish Singhal
askIITians Faculty 1192 Points
5 years ago
555-608_Capture.PNG

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION