Write on chemistry of hydrogen and his chemical and physical properties and reaction of hydrogen in the periodic table

Write on chemistry of hydrogen and his chemical and physical properties and reaction of hydrogen in the periodic table

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
6 years ago
Hy­dro­gen is a chem­i­cal el­e­ment that is lo­cat­ed in two groups of el­e­ments at once, which dis­play op­po­site prop­er­ties. It is a sim­ple sub­stance that is a com­po­nent of many com­pounds.
The chem­i­cal char­ac­ter­is­tics of hy­dro­gen

Hydrogen is a chem­i­cal el­e­ment of the first group of the main sub­0­group, and of the sev­enth group of the main sub-group in the first pe­ri­od.
are:periodic tableThe fea­tures of the el­e­ment in the

hy­dro­gen has the atom­ic num­ber 1, and has 1 elec­tron and 1 pro­ton;
the atom­ic mass of hy­dro­gen is 1.00795. There are 3 iso­topes with the mass num­bers of 1, 2, 3. Their prop­er­ties are very dif­fer­ent, as even in­creas­ing mass by one means a dou­ble in­crease for hy­dro­gen;
as it has only 1 elec­tron in the out­er lev­el, hy­dro­gen dis­plays both ox­ida­tive and re­duc­tive prop­er­ties. Af­ter it gives its elec­tron, hy­dro­gen is left with a free or­bital, which takes part in the for­ma­tion of chem­i­cal bonds ac­cord­ing to a donor-ac­cep­tor mech­a­nism;
hy­dro­gen is a strong re­duc­er, and so in the first group of the main sub-group this el­e­ment leads the al­ka­line met­als as the most ac­tive;
in in­ter­ac­tion with strong re­duc­ers (for ex­am­ple met­als), hydrogen be­comes an ox­i­diz­er, re­ceiv­ing an elec­tron. These com­pounds are called hy­drides. For this prop­er­ty, hy­dro­gen leads the sub-group of halo­gens, with which it shares sim­i­lar­i­ties;
the low atom­ic mass makes hy­dro­gen the light­est el­e­ment. The den­si­ty of the el­e­ment is low, so hy­dro­gen is called a stan­dard of light­ness.

Hy­dro­gen is a unique chem­i­cal el­e­ment that does not re­sem­ble any of the oth­ers, with spe­cial prop­er­ties of enor­mous sig­nif­i­cance and im­por­tance.
Phys­i­cal prop­er­ties of hy­dro­gen

Hy­dro­gen has the fol­low­ing phys­i­cal pa­ram­e­ters:

melt­ing tem­per­a­ture — (-259.2) de­grees Cel­sius;
boil­ing tem­per­a­ture — (-252.76) de­grees Cel­sius;
in this in­ter­val, hy­dro­gen is a col­or­less liq­uid with­out any smell;
at high pres­sure, snow-like crys­tals of sol­id hy­dro­gen form;
in spe­cial con­di­tions, hy­dro­gen is ca­pa­ble of mov­ing to a met­al state;
hy­dro­gen is in­sol­u­ble in water, so it can be ob­tained in the lab­o­ra­to­ry by the wa­ter dis­place­ment method;
in or­di­nary con­di­tions, hy­dro­gen is a col­or­less gas with­out any smell or taste. It is a com­bustible and ex­plo­sive sub­stance;
it dis­solves well in met­als be­cause of its abil­i­ty to dif­fuse through their thick­ness;
hy­dro­gen is 14.5 times lighter than air;
the crys­tal struc­ture of the sim­ple sub­stance is molec­u­lar, and the bonds are weak, which means it breaks down eas­i­ly.

Hy­dro­gen and its re­ac­tions with sim­ple sub­stances

When hy­dro­gen is heat­ed, a com­bi­na­tion re­ac­tion takes place be­tween the el­e­ment and sim­ple sub­stances — chlo­rine, sul­fur and ni­tro­gen. The re­ac­tion of hy­dro­gen with oxy­gen takes place as fol­lows: when pure hy­dro­gen re­leased from a gas tube is ig­nit­ed in air, the gas burns with an even, al­most un­no­tice­able flame. When a tube with burn­ing hy­dro­gen is placed in a jar con­tain­ing oxy­gen, the hy­dro­gen con­tin­ues to burn, and the walls of the jar are cov­ered with drops of wa­ter, formed as a re­sult of the oxy­gen re­act­ing with hy­dro­gen. The com­bus­tion of hy­dro­gen is ac­com­pa­nied by a high re­lease of heat. The tem­per­a­ture of the hy­dro­gen-oxy­gen flame reach­es over 2,000 de­grees Cel­sius.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free