What is the role of alkali metal ions in biology?

What is the role of alkali metal ions in biology?

Grade:10

3 Answers

salvathshaik
164 Points
8 years ago
. i. Sodium ions participate in the transmission of nerve signals, in regulating the flow of water
across cell membranes and in transport of sugar and amino acids into the cell.
ii. Potassium ions are the most abundant cations with in cell fluids, where they activate many
enzymes and participate in the oxidation of glucose to produce ATP. Potassium ions also
participate in the synthesis of proteins.

salvathshaik
164 Points
8 years ago
. i. Sodium ions participate in the transmission of nerve signals, in regulating the flow of water across cell membranes and in transport of sugar and amino acids into the cell. ii. Potassium ions are the most abundant cations with in cell fluids, where they activate many enzymes and participate in the oxidation of glucose to produce ATP. Potassium ions also participate in the synthesis of proteins.
pa1
357 Points
8 years ago

i. Sodium ions participate in the transmission of nerve signals, in regulating the flow of water across cell membranes and in transport of sugar and amino acids into the cell. ii. Potassium ions are the most abundant cations with in cell fluids, where they activate many enzymes and participate in the oxidation of glucose to produce ATP. Potassium ions also participate in the synthesis of proteins.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free