So what i conclude from these paragraphs are as follows~>first newton suggests that light is made up of corpuscles..second,it was replaced by c huygen`s wave theory...third,maxwell suggests that these waves emit energy but in WAVE FORM...fourth,plank state that energy is emitted in the form of packets..am I right?

So what i conclude from these paragraphs are as follows~>first newton suggests that light is made up of corpuscles..second,it was replaced by c huygen`s wave theory...third,maxwell suggests that these waves emit energy but in WAVE FORM...fourth,plank state that energy is emitted in the form of packets..am I right?

Question Image
Grade:11

1 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ sakshi 
it seems u have confused with so much of principle . what u need to understand is that light was actually a wave , but it have dual charecter , 
sometime it acts like that of wave and sometime it act like in particle , 
the wave nature of light can be explained by diffraction , polarisation , etc and the particle nature of light can be explained by compton effect and photoelectric effect . 
after huygens principle , a scientist de broglie came and propsed the duality of light , and that principle accepted till now , 
the huygens wave nature is valid only for some condition but not in all condition . 
and about the newtons theory , thats the first concept about light , and corpuscles means its the small energy packets transferred per unit area , 
AND MAXWELL THEORY ALSO ACCEPTED NOW A DAYS , AS WE ARE USING LIGHT AS AN ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES AND IT DO PROPAGATE IN VACCUM ALSO WITHOUT ANY MEDIUM . 
FINALLY , THE CONCLUSION IS , IT DEPEND UPON SITUATIONS , IN SOME SITUATIONS ITS ACT LIKE PARTICLE AND IN SOME ITS ACT LIKE WAVES , AND IN SOME SITUATIONS IT HAVE WAVE PARTICLE DUALITY . 
hope it clears your doubt 
ALL THE BEST ,..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free