KIO 3 +5KI +6HCl −> 3I 2 +6KCl +3H 2 O 1. I - is reduced to I 2 ​ 2. IO 3 - is oxidised to I 2 3. IO 3 - is reduced to I 2 4. Oxidation number of I increases from -1 [KI] to 0 [I 2 ]. the correct statements are (1) 1,2,4 (2) 3,4 (3) 1,4 (4) 1,3,4

KIO+5KI +6HCl −> 3I2 +6KCl +3H2O                   1. Iis reduced to I2​                                               2. IO3- is oxidised to I2                                                       3. IO3is reduced to I2                                          4. Oxidation number of I increases from -1 [KI] to 0     [I2].                                                                     the correct statements are                                   (1) 1,2,4   (2) 3,4   (3) 1,4   (4) 1,3,4

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Jatin Punera
39 Points
9 years ago
3,4 as the 1st option can never be correct because I – can never be reduced to Iodine it will be oxidised as the oxidation state of Iodine is zero.so that leaves us with only the 4th option this was a shortcut way but if you solve them Iodate has Iodide in +5 oxidation state so it will be reduced to Iodine which is correct then in KI Iodide is in -1 state which is absolutely correct and then it forms Iodine gas where oxidation state is 0 and thus correct.:)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free