Kindly explain me what is black body,black body radiations and how it follows plank`s theory instead of Maxwell`s theory..i had already read the theory party in no. Of books even on net..bt not able to understand..plez explain these terms to me very clearly and briefly

Kindly explain me what is black body,black body radiations and how it follows plank`s theory instead of Maxwell`s theory..i had already read the theory party in no. Of books even on net..bt not able to understand..plez explain these terms to me very clearly and briefly

Grade:11

1 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ sakshi 
what u need to understand is that black body is a rough surface or a rough body that can absorb or emit the electromagnetic radiation , irrespective of frequency and angle of incidence . "
u can take an example of sun , thats a black body bt not perfectly u can tell as approximately . 
AND BLACK DOBY RADIATION IS A TYPE OF EMISSION OR ABSORPTION SPECTRA EMITTED BY A BLACK BODY . 
THAT EMISSION OR ABSORPTION SPECTRA CAN BE A ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES ALSO . 
and black body do follows planks law beacuse in the case of maxwell law , he taken light as a waves and so called electromagnetic waves , but light have particle nature too , it can exhibit particle nature , and the radiation that emits from blackbody do take account these particle nature , and acc to the particle the no of radiation emitted and absorbed can  be calculated , 
so, for that reason black body radiation obeys planks law which states that – THE ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION EMITTED BY A BLACK BODY IN THERMAL EQUILIBRIUM AT DEFINITE TEMPERATURE IS CONSTANT . 
AND I THINK U SHOULD HAVE TO REFER H C VERMA FOR THAT , THERE ITS EXPLAINED VERY WELL AND I AM SURE THAT U WILL UNDERSTAND IT FROM THERE , 
AND KINDLY ASK THE QUESTION A LITTLE BIT SPECIFIC , THAT WHAT U WANT TO KNOW ABOUT BLACKBODY RADIATION .. 
THE FULL EXPLANATION WILL BE SO LENGTHY .. 
HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT 
ALL THE BEST ..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free