How to complete inorganic 12 th in 4 hours for boards.

How to complete inorganic 12 th in 4 hours for boards.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Geeky
18 Points
6 years ago
Prepare from previous year paper and Got 65/70 in chemistry.How do I study inorganic chemistry for JEE? I don`t want to know the books or study material, I just want to know the method (i.e how to do it).Originally Answered: Inorganic Chemistry !!! This is the one of the most scoring topics in JEE. Give time to this topic , this topic will save your time on the day of JEE. This was the advice given by my chemistry teacher and this worked very well !!!So here are some tips for you to study Inorganic Chemistry -Inorganic Chemistry = pure rattafication . There are no magical tricks to learn this. There’s less of logic and more of facts here. You need to find your way to learn. I used to learn by writing a lot and then making small stories out of them.NCERT is the Godbook for preparation of Inorganic Chemistry for JEE . Each and every line , the tables every thing is important. You need not mug up the data. But yes the conclusion derived from the data is important.Other books that you may refer are Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D Lee (contains a lot of theory , so read wisely) and Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon (contains theory as well as a lot of questions of different types). Be careful while reading O.P. Tandon as it contains a lot of extra stuff which is not included in JEE syllabus . See #last point.Prepare your own set of questions . This was also suggest my teacher . Read a topic and select a page . Prepare as many harsh and twisting questions that you can prepare from every page of the book you read. This would take your knowledge (and of course your score ) to a new height.Start early . Remember one thing Inorganic Chemistry cannot be learned or completed in one month or in a few weeks. This subject is quite volatile and requires proper revision . So its better to start early.Keep revising , prepare multiple handouts for different topics . If you don’t revise this subject frequently , you tend to forget things and things get messed up in the exams , especially in multi-correct questions.Study only what is there in the JEE syllabus . Coaching institutes usually provide a lot of stuff in this subject . There are many unrelated questions asked in the Test Series as well. So stick to syllabus . You’ll feel lesser load.Hope this helpsAll the Best !!!7.5k Views · Inorganic Chemistry, often the only subject which can hugely impact your JEE Advanced score.Start with Periodic Properties, read it properly from Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee. It’ll help you largely later on in Organic Chemistry as well.Read N.C.E.R.T ,line by line, give a reading to it before starting any other book for Inorganic Chemistry.Practice questions from topics like Coordination Compounds, p-block, d-block properly. Take out 2 hrs daily and read these topics.Maintain a small chemical reaction notebook. Note down all the formulas, structures, names of ores etc. ( Not the theory part)Take a printout of the periodic table and stick it on the wall of your study room.Follow your coaching notes. In case you haven’t joined any coaching classes, then you should start making your own notes. It is advisable to make your own notes. The reason being you wrote what you understood, others wrote what they understood and everyone has a different understanding level.Protip: Try to make sense of whatever you are reading, try to understand it rather than blindly memorizing it. Blindly memorizing would put a huge amount of load on your brain. So properly read the theory as well.Inorganic chemistry is amongst the biggest nightmares of JEE aspirants. Here I will not be telling you about any bks to refer, because their are none apart from the mighty NCERT. If try to read different books ,you will end up doing nothing but being a complete mess in inorganic. So,here is a structured pattern to study it:1.first the mugging part. Do try to mug up theory during the morning hours. Read a topic or chapter from NCERT atleast 5 times. This will provide you with a meaningful insight of the chapter.2. Now attempt questions as much as you can. Don`t worry about the number of questions you get right.3. Recite theory again and keep practicing. This will make you a pro in inorganic.4. Highlight the key points and understand them to help you out at the time of revision.Generally in mains and adv questions are from Ncert,so don`t panic about unnecessary topics. One of my friend with a single digit rank in JEE adv 2017 told me about this. So practice.
suvidhi mehta
292 Points
6 years ago
just be cool now and try to relax just go through important points in ncert and have a nice sleep for tomorrow
i m also in 12 and having a dangerous feeling for p block

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free