i want to know how electron move in its orbit, as every particle need energy to move but electron move in its orbit without energy explain.

i want to know how electron move in its orbit, as every particle need energy to move but electron move in its orbit without energy explain.

Grade:12th Pass

3 Answers

akash luckey aggara
33 Points
11 years ago

there exsts the electrostatic forces of attraction bw proon and neutron and also nuclear energy

mukesh kumar
18 Points
11 years ago

dear sir i think you did not understand my question. my question is that ''''an electron revolve in its orbit, as it revolve it should have energy to move aroud nuclius and it spent during movement''''than where from it energy comes.

ruchi yadav
askIITians Faculty 27 Points
10 years ago
The picture you often see of electrons as small objects circling a nucleus in well defined "orbits" is actually quite wrong. As we now understand it, the electrons aren't really at any one place at any time at all. Instead they exist as a sort of cloud. The cloud can compress to a very small space briefly if you probe it in the right way, but before that it really acts like a spread-out cloud. For example, the electron in a hydrogen atom likes to occupy a spherical volume surrounding the proton. If you think of the proton as the size of a grain of salt, then the electron cloud would have about a ten foot radius. If you probe, you'll probably find the electron somewhere in that region.

The weird thing about that cloud is that its spread in space is related to the spread of possible momenta (or velocities) of the electron. So here's the key point, which we won't pretend to explain here. The more squashed in the cloud gets, the more spread-out the range of momenta has to get. That's called Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. It could quit moving if it spread out more, but that would mean not being as near the nucleus, and having higher potential energy. Big momenta mean big kinetic energies. So the cloud can lower its potential energy by squishing in closer to the nucleus, but when it squishes in too far its kinetic energy goes up more than its potential energy goes down. So it settles at a happy medium, with the lowest possible energy, and that gives the cloud and thus the atom its size

Thank You
Ruchi
Askiitians faculty

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free