1. what is analytical molarity? please explain with example. 2. what is equilibrium molarity? please give example. 3. why anlytical molarity of HCl is zero?

1. what is analytical molarity? please explain with example.

2. what is equilibrium molarity? please give example.

3. why anlytical molarity of HCl is zero?

Grade:11

2 Answers

Srinivas Rao
11 Points
13 years ago

Analytical molarity: An analyst (Chemist) prepares 1,2,3 etc... Molar solutions by taking stipulated amounts of solute and solvent. These 1 M, 2M and 3M solutions may thermodynamically behave as 0.8M, 1.5M and 2.2M solutions. Then, these reduced concentrations as termed as active masses.

Active Mass= Activity coefficient x Analytical concentration; always activity coefficient is less than or equal to 1. Activity coefficient tends to 1, if concentration tends to zero. Activity coefficient of gases is called fugacity.

Equilibrium Molarity: It is the molarity, or concentration of a specified substance at the time independent thermodynamic state of dynamic equilibrium.

FITJEE
43 Points
10 years ago
The total number of moles of a solute, regardless of state, in one liter of solution. Given as moles/L.

Calculate the equilibrium molarities of H2, I2, and HI
                              H2(g) + I2(g) <--> 2 HI(g)
Initial..................... 0.05.... 0.06 ...........0
Change...................- x ......- x..............+x
Equilibrium.......... 0.05 - x.. 0.06-x...........x

Equilibrium constant, Kc = [HI]2 / [H2] [I2] = 58.6
......................................… = [x]2 / [0.05-x] [0.06-x] = 58.6

Solve for x to get the change in the number of moles, and subsequently the number of moles of each compound in equilibrium

Molarity of H2 = [0.05-x] / 1.00L
Molarity of I2 = [0.06-x] / 1.00L
Molarity of HI = x / 1.00L (2)
Equivalent weight is the atomic weight of an element or radical divided by the valence it assumes in a chemical compound.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free