sir out of civil at IITkanpur, civil at IIT-Roorkee, civilat IIT delhi and elec/mech at IIT-BHU, which is the best that i can get with Jee-advance score of 189(gen)?

sir out of civil at IITkanpur, civil at IIT-Roorkee, civilat IIT delhi and elec/mech at IIT-BHU, which is the best that i can get with Jee-advance score of 189(gen)?

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

Jitender Singh IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 158 Points
7 years ago
Hi Tarun,
According to your score, you have a better chance of getting into IIT BHU. I suggest you should also look for new IITs.
Good Luck!
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
Vineet Vinayak
22 Points
7 years ago
Don’t think of the new IITs, the quality isn’t so good. Please understand which branch you want for your career. Civil is not everyone’s cup of tea, and is usually horrible. Unless you are highly motivated to take civil, please don’t even think about it. I would run to BHU if I were you. Please choose a stream that you like. If you do like civil, go for the IIT which is closest to home. Civil departments are more or less the same everywhere, although i remember someone saying roorkee is good for civil. Their quality and placements are almost the same, so go for the one closest to home. Best of Luck!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free