Sir I have wasted half of my class 11 time I scored only 78% in my class 10th boards. I want to crack iit but everybody demotivates me that it's not everyone's cup of tea and I cannot crack it. So should I look for another carrier option or it is still possible to crack iit after first term of class 11. If possible please suggest me how to start the preparation properly and which books should I start after NCERT.

Sir I have wasted half of my class 11  time I scored only 78% in my class 10th boards. I want to crack iit but everybody demotivates me that it's not everyone's cup of tea and I cannot crack it. So should I look for another carrier option or it is still possible to crack iit after first term of class 11. If possible please suggest me how to start the preparation properly and which books should I start after  NCERT.

Grade:11

2 Answers

Deepak Kumar Shringi
askIITians Faculty 4404 Points
5 years ago
cracking iit -exam depends how good you prepare yourself only..so please dont liste to anybody just give your best and you will acheive your goal
hardwork dedication and detemination is the key of success..If you want any kind of counselling call on1800-2000-838
https://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspxfor books visit this
Agrata Singh
208 Points
5 years ago

Dear Shubham,
It's never too late to start. You just need the right spirit and dedication for it.Nothing can stop you if you set your heart for something. You may just have to work a little harder than others

Coming on to study plan you should first try to finish up your school books.They will provide the building blocks to your concepts. Study the theory, make notes, study solved examples and then do exercises. Once you finish your school level books you can come upto some entrance level books which i have listed below:
Physics: H C Verma 
Maths: NCERT Examplars, Cengage publication books
Physical Chemistry: R C Mukherjee
Organic Chemistry: Solomon and Fryhle’s
Inorganic chemistry: NCERT works best for this. However if you do have the time go for O P Tondon

However i would like to point out that once you have completed your school level books thoroughly you would be able to do 70-80% of mains problems easily. All that is important is that you have your concepts clear
Also The proffessors of IIT have launched a YouTube channel wherein they have explained the chapters thoroughly. It is called IIT Pal and subject wise playlists have been created on that channel. Do give it a try

Hope this information helps you. Don't let anyone discourage you. I wish you the best of luck for your future.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free