Sir i got 253 in IIT mains and will probably get NSIT/ DTU from delhi. I got 210 in IIT ADVANCED and will not probably get the course i want (ECE). Ive got really good marks in BITSAT, so can you tell me what i should take. Im interested in computers a lot but dont want to be a developer all my life(thats why ECE as its comp related but not developing). I would take bits but it has EEE and not ECE(pilani campus). Can you suggest. I can also take CS in Bits pilani (i got 375 in bitsat), if need be. And in iit, how easy is it to switch the courses after first year based on cgpa? and how many students change at the end of the day.?

Sir i got 253 in IIT mains and will probably get NSIT/ DTU from delhi. I got 210 in IIT ADVANCED and will not probably get the course i want (ECE). Ive got really good marks in BITSAT, so can you tell me what i should take. Im interested in computers a lot but dont want to be a developer all my life(thats why ECE as its comp related but not developing). I would take bits but it has EEE and not ECE(pilani campus). Can you suggest. I can also take CS in Bits pilani (i got 375 in bitsat), if need be. And in iit, how easy is it to switch the courses after first year based on cgpa? and how many students change at the end of the day.?

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

rishabh
18 Points
9 years ago
Im really confused about the course. I primarily plan to do MBA after 4 years in btech, but i dont want to do a course i dont enjoy for the next 4 years. I have really varied interests, as in, im into programming for a long time now (but again dont want to be a developer), and i made a COILGUN in class 12 last year, and i really enjoyed soldering with capacitors and stuff, but really dislike electricals (macro electricals)(anything not related to chips). I can even do mechanical and aeronautics as i was really into aeroplanes etc but i have heard they dont offer a good job perspective, so thats a turnoff. Also could you tell what rank i can expect with 210 marks in advanced (nearly 60%).
rishabh
18 Points
9 years ago
Can anyone reply... ps iit adv score is 214.... Ill get iit guwahati CS, or ECE.. I may get iit roorkee ECE, if im very lucky. Ill get BHU CS and Electronics. So what would you suggest (Im not much interested in being a developer). My options ( IITR(ece),IITG(CS), IITG(ECE), BITS(CS), BITS(EEE), IITBHU(CS), IITBHU(electronics)????PLEASE SUGGEST ASAP
rishabh
18 Points
9 years ago
Please reply asap! Thanks

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free