Sir, I am Kartikeya Tiwari and i have secured a rank of 8291(CML) in IIT JEE Advanced 2015 and score of 210 in JEE Mains and 95%in Class XII Boards(CBSE). I wanted to ask if there is any chance that i will get core branch (mechanical,electricalor CS) in IIT (Hyderabad,bhubaneshawar, ropar,BHU or jodhpur) or should i go for NIT or drop for another year and prepare again Please answer as soon as possible. I shall be grateful to you.

Sir,
I am Kartikeya Tiwari and i have secured a rank of 8291(CML) in IIT JEE Advanced 2015 and score of 210 in JEE Mains and 95%in Class XII Boards(CBSE). I wanted to ask if there is any chance that i will get core branch (mechanical,electricalor CS) in IIT (Hyderabad,bhubaneshawar, ropar,BHU or jodhpur) or should i go for NIT or drop for another year and prepare again
Please answer as soon as possible. I shall be grateful to you.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
For IITs it is impossible to get core branches even in new IITs. You may get better branches in NIT but not sure for core . You need to wait till final counselling.
For year drop its your wish whether u are confident to get it right or to satisfy with the things that will come your way. You got experience of JEE and you can assess yourself.

For any query post on my thread.
All the best.

Approve if you are satisfied with the answer.
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Dear Friend almost all the institutions that you have enlisted are quite reputed, but let me tell you one thing clearly, it won’t be possible to get in an IIt but you may tryat other places, I can also give you some options – ITM Uni, Gurgaon,.................. Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara….….….….….…....College of Engg, Trivandrum

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free