Plz tell me in a simple language In such type of modulus questions When to "intersect" answers and when to take Their "union"

Plz tell me in a simple language
In such type of modulus questions
When to "intersect" answers and when to take
Their "union" 

Question Image
Grade:11

2 Answers

Deepak Kumar Shringi
askIITians Faculty 4404 Points
6 years ago
562-2249_Capture.PNG
Darsh patel
103 Points
6 years ago
When ever two condition are taken such that for case 1," numerator is positive then denominator is negative" for the inequality less than zero than it comes in our mind conjunction and I.e. that numerator is positive" and "denominator is negative...}and even in case 2 `numerator is negative "and "denominator is positive....` so when" and" conjunction comes to your mind use intersectionAnd when the solution set is written we write "x or y" which means or conjunction is used which says that you have to union the both result from case 1 and case 2 ...Thus main thing to keep 8n mind is that "and means intersection "and "or means union"...And if you don`t want to get confuse in this stuff then can use wavy curve method which is the best method for solving inequalities.....You can get details about wavy curve method from the theory of inequalities on askiitians app..Plz read carefully to understand it....If you got it then inequality will become the most easy chapter for you....Best of luck for your future....plz plz approve my answer

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free