My Son is studying in NPS, HSR layout, Bangalore but his birth was in Los Angeles, California hence holds a USA passport. Is he eligible to appear in IITJEE entrance exam in general category. Asking this, since technically he’s a Foreign national

My Son is studying in NPS, HSR layout, Bangalore but his birth was in Los Angeles, California hence holds a USA passport. Is he eligible to appear in IITJEE entrance exam in general category. Asking this, since technically he’s a Foreign national

Grade:7

2 Answers

Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Dear Sir as you have told that your son is studying at NPS, HSR Bangalore....For how long has he been studying there....if it is for past five years or more then he may get his domicile which ensures that a person is a resident of a particular area, then there is hardly any issue of his birth in California, as Government has recently declared certain policies for NIRs, OCIs and PIOs that these candidates will have to appear in DASA and then they can get eligibility for CFI and IITS....If your is capable of making at IITs then it is quite well and good otherwise there may be another option to click at some other reputed colleges/universities, like – Lovely professional Uni, Phagwara,............Heritage Inst of Tech, Kolkata,..........Faculty of Engg, Manav Rachna International uni, Faridabad
Sanjeev
20 Points
8 years ago
Thanks for your response, appreciate it.
Firstly my son is studying in Bangalore from 1st standard and will continue to study in NPS. My understanding is DASA is for those who’ve studied 11th&12th outside India

Whereas conflicting information says to appear in IIT Mains & Advanced you have to be an Indian citizen. So I am a little confused in which category my son should apply

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free