My son is in class 8. His aim is to join in IIT for engg. How can I take care of of his aim.

My son is in class 8. His aim is to join in IIT for engg. How can I take care of of his aim.

Grade:8

1 Answers

Vikas TU
14149 Points
4 years ago
Hii
I have seen many students who scored more than 95% marks in Xth class but struggle to understand very basic concepts in JEE preparation, the main culprit behind this is rat race or obsession of percentage in junior classes.I have students who can mug up entire page without understanding an iota of thing and can produce it like photocopy if asked to write it again ( even if page is turned upside down,still they can produce it word by word,Ok it was bit of an exaggeration).Which is sad.These students will be unable to compete in JEE preparation.The sad part is their parents will think that the student is brilliant after looking at the percentage score.
Specially in Mathematics students get 100 out of 100 in junior classes but fare very poor in XI class in JEE preparation as their understanding capability is very limited and also their manipulation ability is pathetic.
So the point I want to make here is that try to inculcate the tendency of analysis in each thing he/she is studying and keep a close watch on the style of studying. Try to gift him or encourage him to get this skill where he will study with curiosity and try to understand each topic rather than pure cramming.
This skill will help him not only in JEE preparation but in almost all exams in future be it academic or non-academic.
Thanks for reading.
Good Luck 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free