im preparing for iit on my own at home.How do i start preparing ,which book is good for physics fundamentals-i dont like hte explanation in H C Verma.Also is it necessary for coaching

im preparing for iit on my own at home.How do i start preparing ,which book is good for physics fundamentals-i dont like hte explanation in H C Verma.Also is it necessary for coaching

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 232 Points
9 years ago

the advantage which you have over others is that you have total time dedicated towards self study. So make sure you utilise that to maximum. You need to prioritise the course according to its weightage and do not rush to finishing off the topics.Give proper time to all the topics everyday. You also need to make sure you have someone at your disposal for your doubts.Time input for topic should be according to the weightage of the topics in JEE.Overall, you need to stay calm, focused and patient.It would be hard preparing without coaching but if you are able to sustain, learn and grow without coaching for a year then you are bound for success.
If you are doin g the aboce then you don’t need coaching. If you are facing some problem in any one of the points then go for coaching.
For good books in Physics you can try Young & Freedman-University Physics and there is also another good book Resnick & Halliday.

Thanks & Regards
Aziz Alam
IIT Roorkee
askIITians

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free