if i qualify with one mark more than cut off marks then ican get aseat or not

if i qualify with one mark more than cut off marks then ican get aseat or not

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

bharat bajaj IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 122 Points
9 years ago
Yes, you will definately go through counselling to get a seat. However, as your rank will be among the last, you will not get a decent branch like ME, CSE, IT, Chem. or civil. You will be able to get 3-4 branches, which will definately not be suitable to you as these generally are not opted by students. Maybe they do not have much scope, or not much valuable.
Thanks
Bharat Bajaj
IIT Delhi
askiitians faculty
Arun Kumar IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 256 Points
9 years ago
Hi Harish,
Cut off is the last's person marks who got the seat last year.
This year it might be different but yeah if you get above cut off means you have got the seat according to last year's counselling.

Thanks & Regards, Arun Kumar, Btech,IIT Delhi, Askiitians Faculty

Shailendra Pandey
10 Points
9 years ago
Hey Harish,
Just to let you know that the cut-off that is anounced,for example like last year it was about 126 for CML(Common Merit List) is not really the cutoff marks above which you would get a seat,it is just that everyone scoring more than this will be listed in the ranklist the actual marks for the last student admitted can be substantially higher.Last year that mark was over 156 if I recall correclty.The students who score marks in between these scores can take admissions in other institutes that offer admission based on JEE Advanced.So if you are talking about that second”cut off”,then what Arun Kumar has mentioned aptly fits.. 
Hope I was able to help :-)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free