I’m an ambitious teenager currently at STD 12. I’​m preparing for JEE mains 2017. I have dream to get to IIT. I have doubt regarding NIT admissions! Are they based on JEE mains? Will the qualification in JEE mains will get me a NIT admission as well as the eligibility to appear in the JEE advanced exams? I don’​t know whether this is a misunderstanding !

I’m an ambitious teenager currently at STD 12. I’​m preparing for JEE mains 2017. I have dream to get to IIT. I have doubt regarding NIT admissions! Are they based on JEE mains?  Will the qualification in JEE mains will get me a NIT admission as well as the eligibility to appear in the JEE advanced exams?  I don’​t know whether this is a misunderstanding !

Grade:12

3 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ james 
yes , for nit admission u have to qualify jee mains , but qualifying only in jee mains doesnot guarentee admission in nit , u have to secure good ranks also , 
so, if u are general , then u have to score 220 -250 to get admission into nit top branches . 
and yes , if u can clear the cutoff , then u are elligible to write jee advanced exam . 
and from next year 2.2 lakh student are gng to qualify jee mains as there are 500 increase in the seat of NIT , 
hope it clears your doubt 
all the best ..
SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
HEY DEAR
ADMISSION TO NIT IS BASED ON YOUR JEE MAINS SCORE WHILE ADMISSION IN IIT IS BASED ON JEE ADVANCE SCORE
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE VISIT
BEST WISHES
SAHIL
Priyanka Rai Sharma
30 Points
7 years ago
Dear James, if you score around 250 marks and a rank below 3k in JEE Mains, there are immense chances for qualifying for JEE Advanced. Below 5K rank in Mains can get you to a reasonably good NIT. But your aim should be higher. You should aim for top IITs and that, join a reliable and experienced coaching institute. Select an institute based on study material and faculty. Catalyser is one of those very few institutes which are less hyped but hold excellent record of results. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free