I’m a foreign student who is studying in 12 th class, CBSE board preparing for IIT JEE Entrance Exam. I was here in India since I was 8 th class. And I’ve heard that non-Indian citizen can not appear for JEE exam, while some other people say that I can appear for it. And if so, is there any quota for foreign students? Or will it be just same as any other Indian students.

I’m a foreign student who is studying in 12th class, CBSE board preparing for IIT JEE Entrance Exam. I was here in India since I was 8th class.
And I’ve heard that non-Indian citizen can not appear for JEE exam, while some other people say that I can appear for it. And if so, is there any quota for foreign students? Or will it be just same as any other Indian students.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Abhishek Kumar
askIITians Faculty 255 Points
8 years ago
Yes there is a quota for the NRIs (very few seats, hence high competition) but those who don’t get the quota seats can get admission if they get the All India Ranks in the JEE Result.
Ayushmaan Vardhan
804 Points
8 years ago
After getting through You may be looking for some reputed and elite class institutions, so I can recommend you to try at –
GITAM Uni, Vishakhapatnam
Lovely Profesional Uni, Phagwara
YMCA Uni of Sci and Tech, Faridabad
College of Engg, Trivandrum

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free